Chocolate Peppermint Fudge is so quick and easy to make in the microwave, you’ll wonder why this recipe isn’t on ‘treat rotation’ every month!
Semi-sweet chocolate is melted with condensed milk and topped with peppermint candies. It couldn’t be any easier! Two-minute microwave fudge comes out rich and creamy and positively melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Tailor the ingredients and toppings to match the holidays, and it will be a whole new dessert every time.
Microwave Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Microwave Fudge
- Make chocolate peppermint fudge when the report cards are impressive, company’s coming, or just to surprise everyone with a sweet treat! It’s the fastest one-bowl fudge ever!
- Make this foolproof recipe with white or dark chocolate, chocolate bark, and stir in some add-ins or toppings!
- Double up the batches and freeze for later!
- Perfect added to any dessert tray along with this Nutella dip with fruit, Monster Magic Cookie Bars, Nutella Brownies and these delectable Strawberry Shortcake Bars.
4 Ingredient Recipe
CHOCOLATE: Chocolate chips melt fast because they are all the same size, but small pieces of chopped dark or white chocolate will also work.
TOPPINGS: Chocolate and peppermint are perfect partners, but chocolate is perfect with anything, right? Try crushed toffee bits, mini M&M’s, colorful jimmies, toasted coconut, or crushed Oreo cookies!
ADD-INS: Like a little more bite to your fudge? Add your favorite nuts, chopped dried cherries, mangoes, or cranberries.
How to Make Chocolate Fudge
It’s fun and easy to make homemade microwave fudge.
- Crush the candy cane and set aside.
- Microwave remaining ingredients (per recipe below) for about 1 minute.
- Stir thoroughly and heat 1 more minute. Press fudge evenly into a prepared pan.
- Sprinkle candy over top of the fudge and press it in.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
How Long Does Fudge Last?
Homemade fudge will last about 2 to 3 weeks as long as it stays tightly wrapped or covered and away from extreme light or temperatures that might dry it out.
Should Fudge Be Refrigerated? Long term refrigeration tends to dry out fudge so store it at room temperature in a covered container.
Can You Freeze Fudge? Yes! This is why fudge is such a terrific make ahead recipe! Simply wrap in parchment paper, then plastic wrap and seal it in a zippered bag where it will stay good up to 3 months! Thaw at room temperature and enjoy.
Quick Tips & Time Savers
- Use a bowl that is completely dry. Any water will cause the chocolate to seize up and the end result (while edible) will be grainy.
- If using nuts, lightly toast them in a dry saute pan to intensify their flavor and make them extra crunchy!
Other Tasty Treats To Try!
- Chocolate Mousse Cups – fun for all ages.
- Microwave Rice Krispie Treats – a favorite no bake treat.
- Vanilla Fudge Recipe – quick and easy recipe.
- Caramel Brownies – just 20 minute prep.
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies – 4 ingredient recipe.
Microwave Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- 3 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 14 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1 Candy Cane crushed
- Line an 8x8" pan with parchment paper.
- Crush a candy cane using a food processor or with a mallet and plastic bag
- Place chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and peppermint extract in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir thoroughly. Return to the microwave for an additional 1 minute.
- Mix until completely smooth and pour the mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the crushed candy canes and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. Cut and serve.
- Optional: Toast nuts in a dry saute pan for extra flavor and crunch!
- Store fudge at room temperature in a sealed container or covered with plastic wrap for about 2 weeks.
- Wrap fudge in plastic wrap and then in a zippered freezer bag for long term storage in the freezer. It will last about 3 months and makes a great grab and go treat!
REPIN this Microwave Chocolate Peppermint Fudge recipe!