Make these amazingly soft and chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies for a last-minute after-school treat or just in time for the bake sale!
Peanut butter and chocolate are a winning combination in any recipe, but this one only needs some sugar and an egg to create a batch of cookies that even the littlest baker can help make!
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- This easy cookie dough recipe is made without flour, so even the most sensitive bellies can enjoy these gluten-free treats!
- We love any recipe that makes such a magnificently delicious cookie with only 4 ingredients. Prep some dough ahead and freeze so cookies can be made in minutes.
- For a fun party treat, dip chocolate peanut butter cookies in some Strawberry Fruit Dip or press softened vanilla ice cream between two cookies. Then roll the ice cream side in colorful sprinkles, and freeze for a unique birthday treat!
4 Ingredient Recipe
PEANUT BUTTER: Creamy or crunchy, choose your favorite blend! If it’s a natural variety, be sure to stir it thoroughly before using to incorporate the oil.
SUGAR: Superfine sugar will dissolve faster in the batter and for a sugar-free cookie, use a half cup of Swerve in place of the sugar, or a half and half combination for a lower sugar content cookie.
COCOA: Powdered cocoa is sugar-free and bitter tasting on its own but combined with the other ingredients, it’s absolutely heavenly! Dutch pressed cocoa has more depth of flavor, but any variety will do.
ADD-INS: Chocolate chips, oatmeal, chopped dried fruit, toasted coconut, or any other small candies will only make these cookies more delicious.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate and peanut butter are almost a heavenly match in the world of desserts.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Shape into balls (as per the recipe below).
- Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Slightly flatten the tops.
- Bake. Cool on wire racks.
PRO TIP: Flatten the tops of the cookies and sprinkle a little coarse (‘pearl’) sugar on the top so they sparkle.
How To Store Cookies
For best results, store chocolate peanut butter cookies in a covered container or zippered bag. Store cookies:
- at room temperature for about 2-3 days.
- in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
- in the freezer for about 1-2 months.
Freeze any prepared dough wrapped in plastic for up to 4 weeks.
Let the egg set out to room temperature before adding to the other ingredients, this makes it easier to blend. Do not overbake the cookies so they remain soft and chewy.
Sprinkle the tops of each flattened cookie with decorator sugar before baking for a decorative flair.
Add chopped peanuts, chocolate chips or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or Reese’s pieces to the dough for a more interesting cookie.
Other Easy Cookie Recipes To Try!
- Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies – just 5 minute prep.
- Monster Magic Cookie Bars – easy and delicious.
- Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroon Cookies – delightful.
- Trail Mix Cookies – loaded with goodness.
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies – so simple.
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir all ingredients together until blended.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, place on cookie sheet, then gently press down to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool cookies on the tray for a couple of minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe!
You had me at 4 ingredients… I cant believe how easy this recipe are, and the cookies look absolutely delicious!!
It’s is crazy how easy it is! Can’t wait for you to try them Sylvie.
These cookies look so delicious! I love how easy it is to make ♥
It’s the best and worst part Natalie. I can make a batch of these in no time at all!
Love that these don’t need flour, how easy!
Thanks Sarah! We love how easy these are too!
Love quick and easy desserts! I will definitely be baking these this weekend! Yum!
So happy to hear that Sara! We know you’ll love them. 🙂
These Butter cookies are so moist and flavorful. Love the Peanut option.
Thanks Veena! So happy you enjoy them.
How many cookies does this recipe Make? In step 4 what did you forget to add, sentence doesn’t make sense. You say roll in balls with then flatten, are we suppose to roll in sugar or something or just a misprint?
It’s written correctly. Roll it into a ball shape and slightly flatten the cookie, you don’t need to roll it into anything.