Strawberry Mini Tarts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Strawberry Mini Tarts are the perfect spring and summer dessert! They’re refreshing, sweet, and such a simple recipe to whip up.
A shortbread crust made from scratch filled with a homemade cream cheese filling is topped with luscious and fresh strawberries. This strawberry cream cheese tart is so fresh and delicious, you may have a hard time only eating one!
The weather is getting warm and the flowers are blooming which means it’s the perfect time to enjoy strawberries in a delicious dessert like this Strawberry Tart. Can’t get enough strawberries? Try Strawberry Pretzel Dessert and Strawberry Fluff! The combination of strawberries and cream is a must this spring!
Strawberry Mini Tarts
Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
How Do You Make A Strawberry Tart
- You must first begin by making the pastry crust. The type of crust used in these tarts is a sweet shortbread crust made up of just three ingredients- flour, butter, and sugar. Just pulse them together until it starts to come together and form clumps and then press it into the bottom and up the sides of your tart pans.
- These will bake for 20-24 minutes until the begin to turn golden brown. Once done, they need to cool completely before adding the filling.
- The filling is a combination of whipped cream and cream cheese with a bit of lemon. The lemon zest and juice help add to the refreshing flavor of the dessert and compliments the strawberries.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream with and electric mixer until stiff peaks. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and then mix in the lemon juice. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place equal amounts of filling into each tart and spread smooth. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, mix the strawberries with the sugar and place on top of the tarts. Serve immediately.
How To Make The Perfect Strawberry Tart Crust?
- Use butter! Butter creates a flaky crust as well as provides the best flavor.
- Poke the crust with a fork. This helps prevent the crust from puffing up while baking.
- Once pressed into the pan, pop the crust in the freezer for 15 minutes. This will help prevent the crust from shrinking.
- Check on the crust frequently and remove once it begins to turn golden.
Can I Make A Large Strawberry Tart?
Of course! Don’t have little tart pans? Use a big tart pan, pie plate, or a muffin tin. Baking times may vary depending on the size and the color of pan so keep an eye on the crust.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Tarts are just the beginning. You can also use whatever fresh berries you have on hand or other fruit like kiwi to create a fruit tart that is totally unique.
More Delicious Strawberry Recipes To Try
Strawberry Topped Tres Leches Cake – Luscious!
Glazed Strawberry Muffins – so delicious!
Strawberry Fruit Dip – easy and fresh!
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars – A delectable dessert!
Strawberry Mini Tarts are the perfect spring and summer dessert! They're refreshing, sweet, and such a simple recipe to whip up.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup salted butter softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon zest of one lemon
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries diced diced
- 2 teaspoon granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Place flour, butter, and sugar together in a food processor and pulse until butter is smaller than half a pea. Pour equally between 6 mini tart pans (or one large tart pan).
Using a measuring cup, press the pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of the pans. Gently pierce the bottoms with a fork. Pop in the freezer for 10-15 minutes and then bake for 20-24 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and then cool completely.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the cream until stiff peaks. Empty it into another bowl and then add the cream cheese and sugar to the stand mixer bowl (no need to clean it from the cream). Switch to the paddle attachment and beat until smooth. Mix in the lemon juice and zest.
Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese and then spread into the tart shells. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
When ready to serve, mix strawberries with sugar and then add to the top of the tarts. Serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)