Broccoli Casserole is a terrific one-pot meal that satisfies. There is something about the combination of cheese with broccoli that is both comforting and nourishing – not to mention absolutely delicious!
This no-fuss broccoli cheese casserole is perfect for weeknight dinners or to bring to a potluck. Serve as a side with spinach stuffed chicken, a helping of smothered pork chops or dinner rolls to soak up the leftover cheesy sauce!
Pin it to your CASSEROLES BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
What is a Casserole?
Casserole refers to the cookware used in making one. A casserole dish is made for the oven. It is a thick glass, Pyrex, ceramic or enamel dish, usually oblong, that often comes with a cover. It should be at least a couple of inches in depth. No kitchen would be complete without at least one casserole dish!
One reason casseroles have developed the reputation as the family-friendly fare is that they are a great way to stretch ingredients into a filling meal. You can adapt this broccoli casserole recipe to suit what you have in your cupboard.
You can easily turn any leftover meats into a casserole by cutting them into chunks. Leftover chicken breasts are perfect for making chicken broccoli rice casserole. Everything tastes great in a cheese sauce!
How to Make Broccoli Casserole
Broccoli and cheese casserole is a quick and easy dish, using only 5 ingredients to create this creamy cheesy base. It is perfect to make ahead and takes only 30 mins to bake to golden brown perfection!
- Separate the broccoli crowns into bite-sized florets and combine with remaining ingredients and place in a casserole dish.
- Mix topping ingredients spread over casserole.
- Bake until toasted golden brown.
Be sure to watch your topping carefully – it can burn quite easily. To buffer against burning, replace half the butter with olive oil!
Deliciously Easy Casseroles
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – prepped, cooked and ready in under an hour!
- Cheeseburger Casserole – filled with all your favorite cheeseburger ingredients
- Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole – a meal the entire family with love!
- Taco Casserole – made with a surprise crust!
- Easy Tuna Casserole – deliciously simple and creamy
- 10.5 oz can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- 16 oz frozen broccoli cuts defrosted and drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients except topping in a 1.5qt casserole dish.
- Combine topping mixture in a small bowl and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Rest 5 minutes before serving.
Slightly adapted from Campbell’s