Decadent and delicious, this White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Recipe will quickly satisfy any sugar craving.
These bakery-style white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies are the best ever. They combine the crunchy creaminess of the macadamia nuts, with the silky sweet smoothness of white chocolate. Add that to a soft and chewy sugar cookie dough, and you have a recipe for success.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Recipe
PIN IT to your DESSERT board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Three Ingredient Cookies
This trio or cookie dough, macadamia nuts, and white chocolate plays the sweetest melody with your taste buds. With only 3 ingredients in these decadent cookies, they are soft and chewy—almost like cake. They will have the family watching the oven door in anticipation! And because these are quick to whip up, they won’t need to wait long.
SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH – Try a homemade sugar cookie dough recipe or purchase your favorite mix.
MACADAMIA NUTS – These nuts are crunchy, rich, and buttery, with a bit of creamy texture which goes well with the white chocolate. If macadamias are hard to find, then brazil nuts or cashews can be substituted. Remember to chop the nuts so they are in small pieces. If they are rather large, then toss them in the blender and pulse. Be careful not to grind them into powder.
WHITE CHOCOLATE – Because white chocolate is made with cocoa butter, it tends to be a bit smoother and creamier, with a silkier texture than dark chocolate.
ADDITIONS/VARIATIONS – To give these cookies a more festive Christmas flair add dried cranberry. Add 1 cup of cranberries along with the nuts and chocolate. They can also be made into bars. Just prepare the dough like the cookies, except press them into a greased baking dish instead of forming into balls.
How To Make Macadamia Nut Cookies
This is one of the best shortcut recipes for fancy cookies, and it’s ready in just 3 quick steps:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl (per recipe below)
- With a cookie scoop form into balls and drop onto a baking sheet
- Bake and enjoy!
Recipe and Time-Saving Tips
- There are many options for pre made sugar cookie mix. The best dough to buy is Betty Crocker’s Sugar Cookie Mix or Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Mix.
- Looking for a gluten-free version? Try Pamela’s Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Mix, or King Arthur Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Mix. For gluten-free cookies, be sure the macadamias and white chocolate are labeled gluten-free, and avoid cross-contamination.
- Remember to let the dough come to room temperature or the cookies won’t spread while cooking.
How to Freeze Cookies
- To freeze baked cookies: Batch cook the cookies and then freeze them. Defrost and enjoy with a glass of cold milk or some berry lemonade.
- To freeze unbaked cookies: To make a small batch at a later date, form the dough into balls without baking. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place them in a freezer. Once they have frozen, remove them from the sheet and place them in a freezer bag.
- To bake frozen cookie dough: When you are ready for a warm cookie from the oven (because who doesn’t love warm cookies straight from the oven), remove cookies and place them on a parchment-lined pan for baking. No need to defrost. Cook for 10-12 minutes. They may need a little longer because they are cold. Watch them closely to make sure they don’t burn. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies also work well for freezing.
Other Easy Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – No bake recipe!
- Easy Shortbread Cookies – perfect any time of year.
- Caramel Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies – simple to make.
- No Bake Coconut Pecan Cookies recipe – perfect snack cookie!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Recipe
- 16 oz refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- ¾ cup macadamia nuts chopped
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together all ingredients well.
- Drop cookie dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. A cookie scoop works well for this.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges are brown.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie recipe!