These Red Velvet Brownies are deliciously sweet, decadent and so hard to resist!
Turn a simple box of red velvet cake mix and a package of cream cheese into a delightful dessert perfect for any occasion. It’s so quick and easy to make, that even the kids can get in on the fun. Dark and delicious, with swirls of cream cheese, make for a special treat that will make everyone smile.
Red Velvet Brownies
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Red Velvet Dessert
- A red velvet cake is a simple cake that includes some chocolate and a little food coloring for that distinctive red color. This brownie recipe is made easy using a boxed red velvet cake mix.
- The light and fluffy cream cheese is swirled into the red velvet batter to create a soft and moist cake with the chewy texture of a cheesecake brownie.
- This homemade cake is the best for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s day. It is something the kids can make for mom!
Ingredients & Variations
CAKE MIX: A simple box of red velvet cake is all that is needed for this recipe. Make the cake according to the directions below.
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE: Cream cheese, vanilla, egg, and sugar create the decadent creamy addition to the cake. Remember to beat the cream cheese mixture until it is fluffy like icing.
How to Make Red Velvet Brownies
This cake with the distinctive marble swirl is so sweet and easy to make.
- Combine cake mix ingredients and pour into a baking pan.
- Make the cream cheese mixture. Drop by spoonful onto cake batter.
- Swirl with a knife or spatula.
- Bake (as per the recipe below).
Best Shortcut Tips
- Line baking pan with parchment paper. This will make the brownies much easier to remove from the baking pan and to cut into squares.
- Microwave cream cheese for 20 seconds to make it easy to blend.
- Prepare the cream cheese mixture in advance and store it in the refrigerator, until the cake is ready to be assembled and baked.
How to Store Leftover Brownies
Because these brownies are made with some egg, and milk products it is a good idea to keep them in the refrigerator in an airtight container. This will also keep them moist.
Brownies can be cut, wrapped in plastic wrap, and frozen for the perfect grab and go treat! Enjoy slightly frozen or thawed, both are delicious.
Other Shortcut Desserts!
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bites – just 2 ingredients.
- Microwave Chocolate Peppermint Fudge – quick 5 minute prep.
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars – easy no bake recipe
- Chocolate Mousse Cups – decadent, but super easy.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler – so simple!
Red Velvet Brownies
- 1 box red velvet cake mix 432 g/15.25 ounce box
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- Line a 9x9" pan with parchment paper and preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix cake ingredients together until fully incorporated and spread into prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy with a hand mixer.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture onto the cake batter and gently swirl together using a knife or spatula.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.
- Use parchment paper to line the baking pan for easy removal.
- Warm cream cheese in the microwave so it is easy to blend.
- Refrigerate brownies in an airtight container for about 4-5 days.
- Freeze brownies in an airtight container, or wrapped individually in plastic wrap and stored in a zippered bag, for 2-3 months.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Red Velvet Brownies recipe!
Recipe Adapted from Spend With Pennies