Turn a simple and plentiful vegetable into an impressive side dish with this Oven Baked Parmesan Zucchini recipe.
Baked parmesan zucchini is a tasty side dish that is quick and easy to make! Simply cut up some zucchini, toss with seasonings, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and bake. It’s a low carb side dish that is crispy and delicious! Plus it’s a great way to use up the mounds of zucchini from the summer harvest.
Oven Baked Parmesan Zucchini
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Parmesan Zucchini
- Simple. Crispy. Tasty. These are the best words to describe this baked parmesan zucchini.
- For those nights on the go, this is a superb side dish. It is so quick and easy to make.
- Zucchini is a healthy vegetable. In this recipe, it is cooked until it is crisp and hard to resist.
ZUCCHINI: Choose small, blemish-free zucchini that are yellow or green. They should be firm in the middle and at the end. If using a larger variety it may be necessary to remove some of the seeds and peel the thicker skin.
CHEESE: Parmesan cheese adds a slightly nutty and salty flavor to any dish it touches. This simple yet powerful cheese pairs nicely with mild flavored zucchini.
VARIATIONS: Add a little diced or minced fresh garlic for extra flavor, or add some Panko bread crumbs for a bit extra crunch. The zucchini in this recipe are cut into ‘coins’, but they can also be cut into spears if desired.
How to make Zucchini with Parmesan
Zucchini is a relatively cheap and mild flavored vegetable. Turn it into an impressive side dish with these easy steps.
- Slice the zucchini, then toss with seasonings & olive oil.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake (as per the recipe below).
What to Serve With Parmesan Zucchini
Whether roasted in the oven, fried, or made on the grill, parmesan zucchini can accompany almost any main dish. It would be superb as a side dish with some air fryer parmesan chicken, slow cooker balsamic roast beef, oven baked ribs or some honey garlic roasted pork tenderloin. It also works well as an appetizer with fave dips like this dill veggie dip, homemade chip dip or even this pasta salad dressing.
Tips & Time Savers
Chop all zucchini ahead of time, toss with the seasoning, and refrigerate until ready to bake. Pre-shred the parmesan cheese and keep it separate until just before popping everything in the oven.
Is the oven already used for the main dish? Try this recipe pan-fried on the stove, cooked on the grill or even in an air fryer.
Store any leftovers covered and in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat under the broiler to crisp up again.
Other Tasty Sides!
- Creamy Sweet Potato Noodles – 30 minute dish.
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower– quick and easy.
- Carrot Casserole– unique and delicious.
- Broccoli Bake – with a cheesy topping.
- Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts – a side or appetizer!
- Brown Butter Sweet Potato Noodles – sweet and savory.
Oven Baked Parmesan Zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combined sliced zucchini in a medium bowl with the oil and seasonings. Toss until fully coated.
- Place on an unlined baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the zucchini.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then broil for 2 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and the zucchini is softened.
- To make ahead, slice zucchini, toss with oil and seasonings, then refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Oven full? This recipe can be pan-fried on the stove, cooked on the grill or even baked in an air fryer.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for 2-3 days. Reheat under the broiler to crisp again.
REPIN this Oven Baked Parmesan Zucchini recipe!