You don’t need to win the lottery to make this amazing Millionaire Shortbread recipe!
Millionaire shortbread bars are so easy to prepare. Just 3 ingredients and a few quick steps is all it takes to make these easy salted caramel dessert bites. Everyone will absolutely love these cookies and definitely ask for more!
Millionaire Shortbread Recipe
PIN IT your DESSERTS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentslessMeals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Millionaire’s Shortbread Recipe
Everyone’s heard of ‘Millionaire Shortbread’ but we found the perfect recipe shortcut that takes millionaire shortbread bars to the next level! It’s the best fancy hack on a classic favorite! Every ingredient is simply store-bought and then assembled! Served as bars or cookies, millionaire shortbread will be on a year-round chocolate rotation! Serve with a super cold glass of milk, or for a holiday feel, how about a peppermint mocha latte?
How To Make Millionaire Shortbread Easy!
Buy pre-mades, prep and forget it! That’s what is so perfect about this recipe!
- Line up shortbread cookies on a prepared tray. PRO TIP: We like Lorna Doone Brand Shortbread cookies because they are so uniformly baked and are thick enough to make this recipe perfect!
- Place a caramel piece on the center of each cookie. Bake until the caramels are just melted (per recipe below).
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate wafers in the microwave, stirring at 30 second intervals.
- Drop cookies, caramel side down, into melted chocolate and remove using a fork. Place on a prepared cookie sheet to set.
Millionaire Shortbread Variations
When you need a last minute decadent dessert, make these millionaire shortbread bars and wait for the compliments to roll in!
- Use a standard variety of shortbread cookies that fit evenly onto a baking sheet or, in a pinch, a two-stack of graham crackers would work as well!
- Caramel cubes melt nicely onto each square of shortbread, but feel free to experiment with white chocolate or caramel kisses!
- For a softer, chewier caramel, melt the caramels in a lightly greased microwave-safe bowl for 30-second intervals, stirring at each interval (or melt in a pot over medium low heat). Add 1 tablespoon heavy cream and stir well. Top each cookie with about 1 teaspoon of the melted caramel mixture and allow to set before dipping in chocolate.
- No melting chocolate? No problem! Simply melt down two chocolate bars or some chocolate chips with a teaspoon of shortening and dip the prepared cookies in!
- The sky is the limit for toppings! Try sea salt, colorful sprinkles, crushed nuts or a chocolate drizzle!
Storing Quick Millionaire Shortbread
Millionaire shortbread cookies will last about 5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. And you can store them at room temperature for a few days – if they last that long!
You can also freeze these tasty bites. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and kept in a zippered bag in the freezer for about 3 months. PRO TIP: Remember, label the plastic bag with the current date for optimal freshness.
Other Easy Holiday Treats To Try!
- Snowball Cookies – melt in your mouth cookies.
- Chocolate Truffles – decadent!
- Molasses Cookies – perfectly spiced treat.
- White Chocolate Peppermint Truffles – a favorite.
- Vanilla Fudge – a classic dessert
- Christmas Rice Krispie Treats – easy treat!
Millionaire Shortbread Recipe
- 40 square shortbread cookies
- 20 chewy caramels
- 2 cups chocolate melting wafers
- sprinkles optional
- sea salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the shortbread cookies on the baking sheet at least ¼ inch apart.
- Slice the caramels in half and place on each cookie. Bake 6-8 minutes, or until caramels melt. Cool 20 minutes.
- Once the caramel is hard enough to touch, microwave chocolate wafers at 30-second intervals until melted, stirring in between.
- Drop cookies caramel side down in the chocolate then use a fork to gently flip them and scoop them out of the bowl. Scrape off excess chocolate before placing back on baking sheet to set.
- Top with sprinkles or sea salt before the chocolate hardens.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.