Chicken Avocado Egg Rolls
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These easy Chicken Avocado Egg Rolls are incredibly tasty and they come together in a snap. Crispy on the outside with a creamy avocado, chicken, cheese, black bean and corn filling, this homemade southwestern egg roll takes fusion cuisine to a new level!
I do so love appetizers that aren’t ho-hum, and these guys are vying for first prize with Crab and Cream Cheese Filled Crescent Rolls or Loaded Mashed Potato Balls! Baked or fried, with sauce or without…this is an egg roll recipe that you’ll be asked to make again!
Chicken Avocado Egg Rolls
Pin it your APPETIZERS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
How to Make Chicken Avocado Egg Rolls
- Combine the filling ingredients
- Top egg roll wrapper with two tablespoons of the filling
- Roll diagonally, fold in the corners, and roll to the end. Seal the edges with water. Now you are ready for the next step:
How to Cook Chicken Avocado Egg Rolls
- Heat cooking oil in a pan
- Fry for until crispy and golden
- Drain on a paper towel, and serve warm
Or, try coating a baking tray with cooking spray, brush a little oil on top, and bake egg rolls in the oven at 425˚F for 15 to 20 minutes until crisp! You’ll never guess that they weren’t deep fried!
Can you Freeze Them?
You can freeze Chicken Avocado Egg Rolls cooked or uncooked.
- Allow Egg rolls to cool completely
- Wrap each egg roll tightly with plastic wrap, and place them in a zip lock bag.
- To reheat, just fry in oil from frozen on medium low heat, or reheat in the oven.
- Line a freezer dish with parchment or wax paper
- Coat each egg roll with corn flour to keep them from sticking together
- Store in the freezer for up to three months. Cook according to recipe directions.
What To Serve Egg Rolls With
I’d serve Chicken Avocado Egg Rolls alongside a meal of Easy Orange Chicken, or make an array of appetizers including Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms and Chinese Shrimp Toast. Have some friends over to share!
Your family will forget all about Cheesecake Factory’s egg rolls when they try these, because they are better (and way less expensive) than the best takeout!
Other Delicious Appetizers with Chicken or Avocado!
Chicken Nachos – for a hungry crowd.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders – spicy and delicious!
Fiesta Chicken Pinwheels – finger food at it’s finest.
Avocado Deviled Eggs – a fun twist on a classic!
Easy Cheesy Chicken Taquitos– so cheesy.
These homemade southwestern Chicken Avocado Egg Rolls are crispy outside, with a creamy avocado, chicken, black bean and corn filling.
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- oil for frying
- 2 ripe avocados diced
- 3 tablespoons red onion finely diced
- 1 cup cooked chicken finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a cutting board and top with 2 tablespoons if the filling. Fold in half diagonally, fold the side in and gently roll the egg roll. Slightly wet the edges and seal.
- Heat 1" of oil over medium heat in a frying pan. Add egg rolls and fry 2 minutes per side or until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
Nutrition is calculated without the oil for frying.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)