For a super fun and adorable holiday treat try these Thanksgiving cake pops.
Kids and adults alike will be exclaiming over these cute and endearing turkey treats. Place them in an arrangement as a table centerpiece at the table.
They are easy to make ahead, and have ready for displaying and eating!
Adorable Centrepiece and Dessert
- These are made with everyone’s favorite crunchy and sweet cookie – oreo!
- Make them ahead of time, or have the kids prepare them as part of the family holiday activities.
- They can also be used as an edible arrangement and decor for the holiday table.
- Make them into adorable turkeys or simply follow the recipe and decorate them with sprinkles.
- An easy, homemade, and DIY Thanksgiving dessert like this is sure to be the star of the holiday dessert table.
Ingredients & Variations
COOKIES – Oreo cookies are the cookies of choice for these pops. Use the classic Oreo cookies with the white creamy center and the dark chocolate cookie. Or try some of the other Oreo cookie flavors like hazelnut, mint, toffee, and more.
CHOCOLATE DIP – The crushed cookies are rolled in a simple chocolate coating made from melted chocolate chips. But don’t hesitate to try melting over types of chocolate, like peanut butter, dark chocolate, or butterscotch.
CANDIES – Candy eyes are what give these little pops such an adorable sight! Make the tail and nose from easy-to-find candy corn. But other candies are also great options. If you can’t find the eyes, then simply roll the pops in some sprinkles or other small candies. These are so easy to customize.
How to Make Thanksgiving Cake Pops
- Crush the Oreo cookies.
- Mix with the cream cheese (as per the recipe below). Freeze.
- Melt the chocolate and roll the cookies in the chocolate.
- Decorate and refrigerate.
Tips & Tricks
These turkey cake pops are so easy to make. But once they are finished, arranging them brings them to a new level of fun! They can be propped up in several ways: fill a jar or bowl with decorative glass rocks, or edible candy and stick the end of the sticks into it to prop them up. Or use a floral arrangement foam block, or styrofoam, to keep them upright. Even a tall glass jar will work in a pinch.
Thanksgiving Cake Pops
- 8 ounces cream cheese (one package) softened
- 36 Oreo Cookies finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 12 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate melted
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- On a shallow wax paper-lined pan, shape and place 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and dip balls in melted chocolate. Place back on the shallow waxed paper-lined pan in a single layer.
- Customize with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Thanksgiving Turkey Pops Recipe