Crock Pot Ribs are the easy way to make a crowd favorite! Fall off the bone crock pot baby back ribs come out tender, juicy, and deliciously sauced every time!
Using an easy and delicious dry rub recipe, along with a few simple tips and tricks, these ribs make the perfect addition to a help-yourself picnic or potluck.
Crock Pot Ribs
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Why We Love Crock Pot Baby Back Ribs
- Season, sauce, and pile them in the Crockpot and let it do its magic!
- Pork baby back ribs have a mild flavor, are extra juicy and they cook up perfectly with this recipe slow cooker style.
- All of the juices and the sauce infuse into the meat while they cook so you, and your oven, are free to do other things.
Ingredients and Variations
MEAT: Baby back ribs are the perfect size for Crockpot recipes. Beef or beef short ribs can be used as long as they fit in the crock pot with the sauce.
SAUCE: Save time and create a combination of your favorite BBQ sauce along with some chili sauce and ketchup. But, don’t stop there. Dijon mustard, honey, brown sugar, even grape jelly can make a delectable sauce for coating ribs.
How To Season Ribs
The best way to season ribs is using a simple and easy rub. It can be made ahead or doubled for use in other recipes. Use liberally and rub into the meat for best results.
- Whisk together all the rub ingredients (found in recipe notes below).
- Store in a tightly covered container.
How To Cook Ribs in A Crock Pot
- Remove silver skin from ribs, pat dry. Liberally pat rub mix into meat on all sides.
- Place onion, garlic, water & seasoned ribs in slow cooker.
- Cover & cook on high (per recipe below).
- Prepare the bbq sauce and set aside.
- Preheat broiler (or grill) & cook ribs until sauce is thick.
Grab a napkin or two and dig in! These juicy saucy crockpot ribs are too delicious to wait.
Recipe & Time Saving Tips
Keep crock pot ribs recipes easy by cooking the ribs in advance and saving the broiling step right before serving so they come out ready to serve! Prepare the rib rub ahead of time, or even double the recipe, and store it in an airtight container so it’s ready for this, or other recipes like Crockpot Pulled Pork.
Other Easy Recipes To Try!
- Instant Pot Ribs Recipe – quick way to cook ribs!
- Creamy CrockPot Chicken – 15 minute prep.
- Honey Garlic Roasted Pork Tenderloin – tender and delicious!
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef – easy Crock Pot recipe.
Crock Pot Ribs
- 2 racks baby back ribs about 3-4 pounds
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- ½ cup water
BBQ Rib Sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ½ cup your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Combine all rub ingredients (see notes).
- Remove silver membrane from the back of the ribs. Massage dry rub into ribs, front and back.
- Pour water in bottom of slow cooker. Place ribs in slow cooker, followed by garlic and onion.
- Cook ribs on high for 4 hours or low 8 hours or until ribs are fork-tender.
- Turn oven to Broil. Combine ketchup, chili sauce and barbecue sauce.
- Brush ribs with sauce mixture and broil (or grill) 3-5 minutes or until charred.