Three Cheese Lasagna Rolls are baked under a ready-made marinara sauce for a rich and creamy, cheesy and delish pasta dish.
This recipe is such a fun and easy twist on a classic lasagna! Lasagna roll ups make a flavorful and filling meat-free meal, or a delicious and beautiful side dish. So take ordinary lasagna noodles and transform them into something extraordinary, all with easy to control portion sizes, too.
Cheesy Lasagna Roll Ups!
- This twist on lasagna is so easy to make!
- Lasagna roll ups are simple to portion and serve, so they are perfect for get-togethers.
- Make ahead, have meal-prepped portions for workday lunches, and pop them in the microwave!
- There are so many variations to these lasagna roll-ups! Add your favorite meat or vegetables (or leftovers!) and cook up a new recipe every time!
Ingredients and Variations
CHEESE: Lots of ooey-gooey cheese is what makes these roll-ups stand out! Ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan melt beautifully together! Use budget-friendly cottage cheese in place of the ricotta for the same result!
SAUCE: Dozens of ready-made spaghetti sauces are pre-seasoned with herbs and spices. Feel free to add fresh garlic, oregano, or basil to upgrade the sauce, if desired. Make a white lasagna by switching the spaghetti sauce for a jar of Alfredo sauce.
ADD-INS: Mix in crumbled Italian sausage or ground beef, chopped spinach or zucchini, diced tomatoes, or chopped black olives for more color and flavor.
How to Make Cheesy Lasagna Rolls
This elegant meal is simple and fun to prepare:
- Pour half the sauce mixed with cream into the baking dish.
- Combine the stuffing ingredients.
- Roll the stuffing into the cooked lasagna noodles. Place the roll-ups in a pan seam side down.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese and bake per the recipe below. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Serve cheesy lasagna rolls with a tangy salad like this easy tomato salad, a side of roasted vegetables, and some easy dinner rolls to soak up the extra sauce!
- Assemble the entire recipe ahead and keep it covered and chilled in the refrigerator until ready to bake!
- Save valuable kitchen time and use pre-made lasagna noodles and pre-shredded cheese.
- Keep the seam side down when arranging the lasagna roll-ups in the casserole dish so they don’t fall apart during baking.
- Let the casserole rest about 5 minutes before cutting.
- Keep leftover three cheese lasagna roll-ups in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat portions in the microwave.
- Freeze portions in plastic wrap and then transfer to a zippered bag and pop one or two out when ready to thaw and reheat!
More Lasagna Recipes
- Eggplant Lasagna Recipe – healthy and hearty.
- Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini Boats – cheesy and low carb.
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna – a delish creamy version.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Lasagna – dessert lasagna? Why not!
Three Cheese Lasagna Rolls
- 16 ounce ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella divided
- 8 lasagna noodles cooked al dente
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream optional
- Combine spaghetti sauce and heavy cream in a bowl. Pour half of it into a 2.5 qt baking dish.
- Combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, garlic salt and black pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Lay out the cooked noodles on a flat surface. Divide cheese mixture over the noodles and spread it leaving about 1 inch at each end.
- Roll and place seam side down in the baking dish. Top with remaining sauce
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of shredded mozzarella on top.
- Bake at 350˚F for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.
- Tip! Use pre-made lasagna noodles and pre-shredded cheese.
- Assemble roll ups ahead of time, cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Be sure to place rolls with the seam side down. This will help avoid the rolls falling apart while baking.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days. Or freeze individual portions wrapped in plastic and placed a zippered bag.
- Reheat thawed portions in the microwave, or covered with foil in the oven.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Three Cheese Lasagna Roll Ups recipe!
will this freeze ok?
How do I print this recipe? Can’t cut and paste into a word doc either. Thanks. Sounds delicious.