This 3 Cheese Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe is loaded with gooey & delicious ricotta cheese and warm Alfredo sauce.
Creamy and flavorful, these lasagna rolls are similar to a cream cheese lasagna recipe. But these rolls are a deliciously cheesy vegetarian meal with no meat in the ingredients; just cream, noodles, egg and three types of cheese.
3 Cheese Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe
PIN IT to your CASSEROLES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe
- These lasagna rolls take a favorite meal and give it a special twist! It’s every bit as elegant as manicotti, but easier since the filling doesn’t need to be piped in. It’s one of those recipes ricotta just tastes great in!
- Cheese lasagna recipes abound, but lasagna rolls are something different, and best of all, they can be customized with different ingredients. Try it with shredded chicken and spinach!
- We love how great this recipe tastes the next day! Leftovers? Yes please—for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
BEST CHEESE FOR LASAGNA – Ricotta is the best cheese for lasagna. It is a light spongy cheese with a hint of sweetness. The combination of ricotta with the salty warmth of parmesan and mozzarella is what makes this a loved recipe. Don’t have ricotta in the refrigerator? Don’t worry. Cottage cheese can easily be used as a substitute. Just add the same amount (16 oz) to the cheese mixture. For a vegan version, use cashew ricotta, it’s delish!
SAUCE – For the spaghetti sauce, choose whichever brand that you like the most. Or if you have some extra time, try making this easy marinara sauce.
CREAM – The tomato sauce, whether canned or homemade, is mixed with heavy cream, (also known as whipping cream). For a vegan lasagna, just leave the cream and other dairy products out of the recipe. Then just substitute with oat or soy cream and your favorite brand of vegan cheese. Add some veggies and it will be a recipe that makes you smile!
How To Make 3 Cheese Lasagna Rolls
These 3 Cheese Lasagna Rolls are a snap to put together.
- Combine the stuffing ingredients.
- Roll the stuffing into the cooked lasagna noodles. Place the roll-ups in a pan.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese and bake (per recipe below). So simple and quick!
- Cook the lasagna noodles al dente, which means firm. They will be easier to work with and won’t tear as easily.
- Leave 1 inch at each end of the noodle to keep the filling inside.
- Place seam side down at the bottom of the dish to keeps them from unraveling.
- Don’t forget to divide the 2 cups of shredded mozzarella. One cup will be added to the cheese sauce, while the other will be sprinkled over the top of the dish. This topping will come out of the oven with an appetizing brown and warm crust.
Time Saving Tips
For even faster to prep:
- Assemble everything ahead of time and refrigerate. Simply pop it into the oven when you get home and dinner will be ready in 25 minutes!
- Pre-shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese make for quick prep.
- Noodles can be cooked up to 48 hrs ahead of time.
This is one recipe where the leftovers will be devoured quickly. If you have any at all!
Other Easy Lasagna Style Recipes To Try!
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna– creamy and delicious.
- Cheesy Crock Pot Lasagna – set it and forget it!
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo Roll-Ups – so different.
- Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells – perfect make ahead meal.
- Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini Boats – low carb!
3 Cheese Lasagna Roll-Ups recipe
- 16 oz ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella divided
- 8 lasagna noodles cooked al dente
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 28 oz spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream optional
- Combine spaghetti sauce and heavy cream in a bowl. Pour half of it into a 2.5 qt baking dish.
- Combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, garlic salt and black pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Lay out the noodles on a flat surface. Divide cheese mixture over the noodles and spread it leaving, leaving about 1 inch at each end.
- Roll and place seam side down in the baking dish. Top with remaining sauce
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of shredded mozzarella on top.
- Bake at 350˚F for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.