Cranberry chicken salad is a quick and easy, festive salad!
This tasty recipe features cooked chicken, cranberries, celery, and pecans with a simple mayo dressing
This gourmet-level chicken salad is ready to enjoy in minutes!
Delish Chicken Salad!
- This chicken salad with cranberries is so economical and is the best way to use up leftovers. It’s loaded with holiday flavors but can be made any time of year!
- Easy prep! Chicken salad with cranberries only takes five ingredients, one bowl, and five minutes!
- Cranberry chicken salad is a potluck favorite recipe perfect for last-minute invites and gatherings!
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken – Leftover chicken or turkey is perfect in this recipe! A rotisserie chicken will save a ton of time and add extra seasoning.
Cranberries – Dried cranberries are available year-round, but fresh or dried blueberries are also a good choice. Diced red or green apples or green or red grapes cut in half
Crunch – Celery and pecans bring the signature crunch to this salad! Any nuts like walnuts, almonds, or even pistachios will work. And don’t forget to toast them for extra crunch and more intense flavor!
How to Make Cranberry Chicken Salad
- Toast the chopped pecans (per recipe below).
- Combine the remaining ingredients and cooled pecans in a large bowl and stir gently.
- Season as desired.
For best results, cover and chill cranberry chicken salad at least two hours before serving.
Crunchy and colorful cranberry chicken salad is low in calories and high in protein and healthy fats, so why not tuck it into a sandwich, a pita pocket, or a low-carb wrap for an energizing lunch?
For a low carb option, serve individual portions in Bibb lettuce leaves and top with chopped mint and a lemon slice for an elegant party presentation alongside some shrimp toasts, marinated mushrooms, or some tangy refrigerator pickles.
Tips for Success
- Make cranberry chicken salad up to a day in advance so it’s extra cold and crispy and the flavors have a chance to blend even more.
- Keep ingredients similar in size so a little bit of everything gets into every bite!
- For best results, keep cranberry chicken salad covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Refresh it by giving it a good stir and adding fresh celery or extra ingredients (see Variations above) to make it a new recipe again!
Have you tried this Cranberry Chicken Salad recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Cranberry Chicken Salad
- In a pan over medium heat, toast chopped pecans until browned, stirring often. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked chicken, dried cranberries, celery, mayonnaise, and cooled toasted pecans. Stir gently.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Cut ingredients into small pieces.
- Let the flavors blend and make cranberry chicken salad up to a day in advance!
- This chicken salad is best served cold.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated in a covered container for up to 4 days.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.