15 Uses for Baking Soda
Baking Soda has its uses in the kitchen, from deodorizing the fridge to cooking, but did you know it has hundreds of great uses, all over the house? Here are just a few!
- Comb Cleaning: Scrubbing combs with baking-soda-and-water paste makes them squeaky clean.
- No More Itch: Baking-soda-and-water paste is great for relieving any kind of itch, from sunburn to bug bites. You can also soak in a baking soda water bath for whole body itch relief!
- Pipe Volcano: Do you remember adding baking soda and vinegar together to make a volcano in school? Well, adding those two ingredients to a toilet bowl or sink once a month will keep the pipes cleaner. The foaming and bubbling of these two ingredients act like scrubbing bubbles, cleaning away grime to prevent future clogs.
- Wash Your Fruit: Make sure the fruit you bring home from the store is dirt- and pesticide-free by soaking them in a cool bath with a few tablespoons of baking soda.
- Car Cleaning: Baking soda and water made into a paste will take bugs and grime off of your vehicle without damaging the paint.
- Save Your Tupperware: Is your tupperware tinted orange from the spaghetti you had a few days ago? Scrub the inside with baking soda paste and watch it disappear!
- Stains On Coffee Mugs? Fill them with a bit of baking soda and warm water; the stains will come right off after an hour-long soak.
- Keep Those Cut Flowers Longer: A teaspoon of baking soda in your cut flowers will make them last longer.
- No More Stinky Shoes: Sprinkle a tiny pinch of baking soda in the bottom of stinky shoes to pull out the odor. No more feet smell!
- A Clean Toothbrush: Soak your toothbrush in a mix of baking soda and water for a few hours to make sure your brush is clean. A clean brush means a clean mouth!
- Windshield Wiper: Add a little baking soda to the bucket of windshield cleaner before scrubbing the glass off. It will help to repel rain in the future.
- Bugs Away: Sprinkle a little in the back of cabinets and in the basement to keep roaches out of your house.
- Cleaner Dishes: Add a tablespoon to the dishwasher or dishwater for cleaner dishes with less scrubbing!
- No Scuff Shoes: Rub the outside of your shoes with baking soda and water paste for a shiny, new-looking shoe!
- No More Crayon Marks: Next time the kids decide to use your wall as a canvas, erase those stubborn crayon marks from the walls without damaging paint with baking soda and water!