Strawberries & Cream Squares recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
This Strawberries & Cream Squares recipe may very well be the best dessert I’ve ever eaten!! My mom made them for me, and they were so good that I didn’t even want to share! These are soooo yummy, you have to try these!! Make sure you pin this recipe so you can save it for when you want it, I promise you, you will want to make these. Over and over and over and over….. 😉
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries chopped
- 1 1/4 cup sugar divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 5 tbsp butter or 1/3 cup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract you can also use almond, I just prefer vanila
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 large tub Cool Whip
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together shortening, butter and 3/4 cups of sugar.
- Mix well until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and vanilla extract and blend until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, flour, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until well blended.
- Spread crust mixture into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until just the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Add white chocolate chips to microwaveable bowl.
- Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals (make sure you peek at it so it doesn't burn)
- Mix with cream cheese until well mixed.
- Spread cream cheese and white chocolate layer over cookie crust and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- In a small saucepan, mix together 1/2 cups sugar and cornstarch.
- Add the strawberries and water on medium-high heat and bring it to a boil.
- Once mixture is boiling, remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour strawberry mixture over cream cheese layer and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once thoroughly cooled, top with Cool Whip and serve!
Recipe inspired by Lil’ Luna