Puppy Chow recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” by clicking the photo above!!
This Puppy Chow recipe is an oldie but a goodie!! It’s a perfect recipe to let the kids help you out in the kitchen. I feel obligated to warn you, these never last long whether the family is helping you eat them or you’re all by yourself. Now I feel better, you can’t say I didn’t warn you 😉
This Puppy Chow recipe is an oldie but a goodie!! It's a perfect recipe to let the kids help you out in the kitchen.
- 9 cups any type of Chex cereal or combination of any cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Add cereal to large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add chocolate chips, butter, and peanutbutter to microwaveable bowl and mix well.
Microwave for 1 minute and then stir. Microwave again for about 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until mixture is stirred and smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture onto Chex cereal.
Once chocolate mixture and cereal are thoroughly mixed, pour mixture into a gallon sized zip top bag. Add powdered sugar to ziploc bag and shake well.
Once mixture is well coated, spread out on a cookie sheet or waxed paper to cool and set. Eat and enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)