Glorified rice is a fun dish that offers up something different for dessert!
This spectacular recipe is made simple with white rice, mini marshmallows, and a fruit cocktail mixed with whipped topping.
Summer picnics and barbecues aren’t the same without this fluffy, fruit-filled dessert!
Creamy Rice Delight!
- Glorified rice is classic old-fashioned American fare that is sweet and delicious.
- It’s a recipe that is simple and easy to make!
- For a budget-friendly, no-bake dessert that only uses 4 ingredients look no further than this glorified rice recipe!
- Cool and creamy, this recipe is a real crowd-pleaser at BBQs and picnics! Kids love it! Serve with some passion tea lemonade.
Ingredients and Variations
Mix and match the fruit for a new recipe every time!
Rice – Prepare plain white rice or use leftover rice. Arborio rice will add a chewy texture and a little bit of a nutty flavor if you have the time to make it. Go low-carb and switch out the rice for large curd cottage cheese instead!
Fruit – A can of fruit cocktail means easy prep. Other canned fruits to try are mandarin oranges, peaches, and pineapple (chunks or crushed). Feel free to use any assortment of fresh berries, chopped apples, pears, mangoes, halved grapes, or even sliced bananas in your glorified rice.
Variations – Mix in some toasted coconut, chopped walnuts or pecans, or slivered almonds for more flavor and a little bit of crunch! Colored mini marshmallows give glorified rice some fun pastel color. For a more traditional rice pudding dessert, try this sweet-tart pineapple rice pudding dessert.
How to Make Glorified Rice
- Combine rice, mini marshmallows, and drained fruit cocktail in a large bowl.
- Gently fold in whipped topping (as per the recipe below).
- Garnish with maraschino cherries and mint, if desired.
Beat the Clock Time-Savers and Tips
Keep On Hand: Stock up on pre-measured pouches of instant rice that can be ready in minutes!
Flavor Savers: Fold in a box of vanilla, banana, or coconut-flavored Jello pudding with the whipped topping for an extra creamy base.
Make Ahead: Prepare glorified rice up to a day ahead and stir before serving.
For best results, keep leftover glorified rice in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It’s not advised to freeze leftover glorified rice since the texture won’t be the same, but this recipe is so easy, just start fresh!
Have you tried this Glorified Rice Recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Glorified Rice Recipe
- 2 cups cooked white rice cooled
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 15 ounce can fruit cocktail drained
- 8 ounces whipped topping thawed
- maraschino cherries for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl combine cooled rice, mini marshmallows and drained fruit cocktail.
- Gently fold in whipped topping.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve topped with maraschino cherries.
- Use well-cooked and properly cooled rice for the best texture in your glorified rice. If you are in a hurry use instant rice and prepare as directed on the package.
- Drain the fruit cocktail well to avoid excess moisture in the dish.
- Be generous with the whipped cream or whipped topping to create a creamy and luxurious texture.
- Add a touch of sweetness, extra flavor and texture by incorporating maraschino cherries or other fruits, shredded coconut or chopped nuts.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.