Funnel Cakes recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
One of my favorite things each year is the county fair. Not because of the rides, or all the fun attractions, I go for the food. There, I said it. I’m addicted to fair food. I may have even stopped at a random fair as my family was on a road trip just so I could get some fair food. It’s a terrible addiction, I know. That’s why I love this funnel cake recipe so much!! At least now I can have one of my favorite fair foods without having to wait for an actual fair to come to town!!
Be sure to pin this recipe, I know you’re going to love it!
Funnel cakes are easy to make at home and taste just like your favorites from the fair!
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 quart vegetable Oil for frying
- Combine salt, baking powder and flour in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream eggs, sugar and milk in a large bowl.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and beat until smooth.
- Batter needs to be thin enough to pour.
- Heat the oil to 375 in a heavy skillet. Make sure the oil is at least 1 - 1 1/2" deep.
- Use a funnel, squirt bottle or plastic bag with the corner clipped to dispense batter. Each funnel cake should use about half a cup of batter.
- Pour batter into oil in circular motion overlapping itself.
- Fry until golden brown then turn over carefully and fry other side for one minute.
- Drain on paper towels, sift powdered sugar over cake.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)