Cherry Limeade Cupcakes are the sweet, tart, colorful, decidedly different dessert that will impress any ‘cupcake boss!’
Put a new twist on simple and delicious cupcakes with this deceptively easy-to-make cupcake recipe. These moist and fluffy cupcakes have the tropical taste of summer in every bite. With a little icing, these cupcakes are sure to be a hit at any dessert table or party.
Cherry Limeade Cupcakes
PIN IT to your DESSERT board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Cake Mix Cupcakes
- Make these fun cupcakes using a simple white cake mix and a cup of limeade concentrate and then top them with a cherry-flavored basic white frosting. Vary the cupcake size from minis for a potluck or picnic or bake as jumbo individual birthday cakes for decorating!
- The joy of using a box of cake mix is that these little cakes are bound to be moist and delicious every time. The addition of the limeade concentrate will give them a boost of flavor.
- Bake cherry limeade cupcakes in advance and then frost and decorate for a fun party activity!
Ingredients & Variations
CAKE MIX A white cake mix is perfect for adding a little or a lot of color to the batter for signature cupcakes. However, red velvet, yellow, strawberry, or confetti cake mixes all keep the fun, party theme of this recipe.
FROSTING Whipped butter and powdered sugar is an excellent ‘base’ frosting for all kinds of baked goods. Add cherry juice and then a few drops of red food coloring to make this frosting tart and colorful! Or add an extract like lemon or lime for a punch of citrus flavor.
TOPPINGS A maraschino cherry and a thin slice of lime make these cupcakes insta-worthy! Sprinkles of colored sugar, silver nonpareils, jimmies, or crushed pistachios are also great toppings, too.
How to Make Cherry Limeade Cupcakes
There is so much to love about these cupcakes – fluffy, moist, and full of flavor.
- Make cupcakes per package directions and replace water with limeade concentrate.
- Bake (as per the recipe below). Allow to cool.
- Make frosting, frost cupcakes, and decorate.
Serve this tasty treat all year round!
Tips & Tricks
- Avoid overmixing the batter so the air bubbles can create the perfect rise.
- For faster, easier whipping, let eggs and butter come to room temperature before using.
- Place rack and cupcakes in the center of the oven for even baking. Rotate the cupcakes halfway through baking to ensure they bake evenly.
- Lemon Cupcakes – light and fluffy
- Jellybean Flower Cupcakes – jelly belly fun!
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes recipe – easy and delicious
- Rainbow Cupcakes – sweet and colorful!
Cherry Limeade Cupcakes recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Make cupcakes according to box directions, substituting limeade concentrate for water and adding food color if desired.
- Allow cupcakes to completely cool.
- Cream butter, powdered sugar, and cherry liquid in a mixing bowl. Add red food color if desired.
- Slowly add additional cherry juice until desired consistency icing is reached.
- Frost cupcakes and optionally top with a cherry and lime slice.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.