BBQ Chicken Bake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
It’s a hungry man meal made with chicken, bacon, cheese, and diced potatoes, all smothered in a chili barbeque sauce. This casserole is super filling and will definitely make Dad smile!
BBQ Chicken Bake
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I am so excited to partner with Simply PotatoesSimply Potatoes to create this hearty Father’s Day casserole.
Easy Baked Casserole
Father’s Day should be a time to relax and enjoy some special moments with your dad.
A meal that is quick to whip up means less time in the kitchen and more time with family. This dish is really easy to prepare using pre-cooked rotisserie chicken and Simply Potatoes Diced potatoes.
These potatoes are fresh, never frozen, and are wholesome and delicious. You cannot beat the convenience that prepared potatoes provide , they’re great for everything from breakfast casseroles to a quick side dish!
How To Make A BBQ Chicken Bake
- Prep the onion and bacon. Shred the chicken and combine it with the sauces.
PRO TIP: Feel free to add more or less chili sauce for that kick! Freeze the chicken bones for future chicken soup!
- Layer Bob Evan’s Diced Potatoes in a casserole dish, cover with onions, top with seasoned chicken, sprinkle on cheese, and finish with crumbled bacon.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes and broil for a little extra bubble.
This Chicken Casserole is delicious made as per the recipe, but you may want to give dad the option to tailor it to his particular tastes! Some creative toppings that would zest things up a bit are:
Sauces: Guacamole, Sour Cream, Salsa
Veggies: Green Chiles, Jalapenos, Diced tomatoes
Other: Black beans, Black Olives
- REFRIGERATE – BBQ Chicken Bake stores perfectly in the refrigerator! Just cover it tightly with plastic wrap and it should keep for about 4 days – if it lasts that long!
- FREEZE – Freezing this casserole is easy, too! Be sure to store in an airtight container or zippered bag labelled with the date. It will stay fresh tasting for about 3-4 months if stored properly.
- Tip for freezing – Before assembling the recipe, line a casserole dish with aluminum foil with 6” of foil overlap on the sides. Bake as directed, allow it to cool completely and then wrap with the overlapping foil, followed by plastic wrap.
- Let the casserole thaw in the fridge prior to reheating.
- REHEAT – You can reheat the entire casserole or just cut a portion or two at a time. Microwave at 1 minute intervals until desired heat is achieved. Or alternately, you can place the casserole, covered in a 350˚F oven for about 30 minutes or until warmed through.
Make this the best Father’s Day ever by treating dad to this hearty BBQ Chicken Bake using Simply Diced Potatoes! He will love all the care and attention put into making this delicious meal and will definitely feel like the king of his castle!
Other Delicious Potato Based Casseroles To Try!
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes – extra cheesy!
Cracker Barrel Copycat Hashbrown Casserole – easy to make.
Cheesy Broccoli Potato Casserole – so delicious!
Taco Shepherd’s Pie – perfect for busy weeknights.
Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole – family favorite!
BBQ Chicken Bake layers diced potatoes with sautéed onions, barbecue shredded chicken, cheddar cheese and bacon, then baked until bubbly.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 package Simply Potatoes diced potatoes
- 6 slices pre-cooked bacon chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pull the chicken from the bones and shred. Combine chicken, barbecue sauce and chili sauce in a bowl.
- Cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until tender.
- Spread potatoes in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle cheese and bacon overtop.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with green onions.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)