Garden Spinach Ricotta Ravioli is a hearty yet light meal that makes a great entrée or a cold salad!
Our fresh spinach and cheese ravioli is so good, you won’t even notice it’s meat free! In fact, Meatless Mondays never tasted so good!
We are excited to partner with HelloFresh and their delicious meal kits to bring you this easy recipe!
Garden Spinach Ricotta Ravioli
PIN IT your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentslessMeals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
We love to find budget-friendly ways to make popular recipes. HelloFresh makes this a delicious reality!
In fact, I have a special code so that you can try HelloFresh for yourself! Use this link and get $90 Off across 4 boxes, including free shipping on the first box!
Why We Love It
This dish is packed with colorful veggies, simmered in a creamy sauce and topped off with a generous dose of Parmesan cheese! HelloFresh provides all the ingredients you need perfectly portioned out. Quick, easy, and delicious!
Did we mention it’s also one of the best ways to use up leftover veggies hanging out in your fridge? We like adding in mushrooms, onions, or chopped spinach to the sauté stage, but it is tasty just as it is!
HelloFresh offers so many recipes to choose from each week to help you break out of your recipe rut. I love to pick one meatless option per week to break out of my culinary comfort zone. Let’s be real: HelloFresh has more 5-star recipes than any other meal kit, so you know you’ll get something yummy no matter what you order!
What is Ravioli?
Ravioli are small, square-sized envelopes of pasta filled with any number of ingredients. Once the little pouches are filled, they are crimped closed and then gently boiled until they are cooked through. Ravioli can be filled with cheeses like ricotta, or veggies like minced mushrooms, or meat like sausage or ground beef.
Served with a light creamy sauce or a robust tomato sauce, ravioli are always a family favorite and a great addition to a buffet table!
I was so impressed with the quality of ravioli in the HelloFresh order – it was full of flavor.
Easy Pasta Dinner
Here’s the easy steps to making homemade spinach ricotta ravioli!
- Prepare produce and set aside. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to recipe, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- Sauté zucchini core, tomatoes, scallions, and seasonings in a large skillet until softened, and season.
- Add stock, lemon juice, and a third of the pasta water. Simmer and add sour cream, stirring until creamy.
- Add zucchini ribbons to the skillet and simmer.
- Season with salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
I can’t tell you how much I love that everything I need to make the recipe is in their meal kit bag. It makes it easy to get dinner on the table fast!
How to Store Leftover Pasta
Pasta always tastes better the next day! Keep it stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container and it will last about 3 days (that is if you have any leftover…!!).
Other Delicious Recipes To Try!
- Meatloaves with a Sweet Chili Glaze – dinner in under an hour, another HelloFresh hit!
- Pesto Caprese Salad – fresh and easy!
- Check out HelloFresh.com for more seasonal and sustainable recipes!
Garden Spinach Ricotta Ravioli
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. Trim ends from zucchini; shave zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons using a peeler, rotating as you go. Stop once you get to the seedy core; finely chop core. Dice tomato. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Zest and quarter lemon.
- Once water is boiling, gently add ravioli to pot. Immediately reduce to a low simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente and floating to the top, 4-5 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain. TIP: Gently shake strainer with ravioli in it to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped zucchini, tomato, scallion whites, and Italian seasoning; cook until veggies are just softened, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat under pan with veggies to medium; stir in stock concentrate, a squeeze of lemon juice, and ⅓ cup reserved pasta cooking water. Reduce heat to low and cook 1-2 minutes. Stir in sour cream and 2 tablespoons butter. Season with salt and pepper. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved cooking water a splash at a time until sauce reaches a creamy consistency.
- Separate zucchini ribbons with your hands, then stir into pan with sauce. Carefully stir in ravioli. Simmer until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon zest to taste.
- Divide ravioli mixture between bowls. Garnish with scallion greens and Parmesan. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.