Frito Pie recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Frito Pie recipe was a HUGE hit with my family! It’s super yummy and it’s super easy to make!!
- 1 lb . ground beef
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups crushed corn chips
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- Cook ground beef.
- Drain and return to the pan.
- Add the taco seasoning mix and water.
- Simmer until water has boiled off (around 5 minutes)
- Separate the crescent dough into triangles
- Spray a 9" pie dish with nonstick cooking spray
- Press triangles into pie dish with the points toward the center of the dish.
- Press seams together to seal
- Sprinkle 1 - 1/2 cups of the crushed corn chips onto the crescent crust.
- Spoon ground beef over the top of the corn chips, spreading evenly.
- Mix sour cream with salsa.
- Spread sour cream mixture over meat.
- Cover with the shredded cheese
- Top with remaining crushed corn chips.
- Top corn chips with melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees until the crust is golden brown (about 20 minutes)