Coke Cake is a homage to better times when milk used to be delivered to your front door and cycling around the neighborhood was a Saturday afternoon pastime.
This classic soft pop flavor is combined with a smooth cake mix that will produce a moist, scrumptious treat.
Once you give this recipe a try, it will definitely become a favorite in your home!
How Do You Make a Coke Cake?
Similar to most classic cake recipes, I bake my Coke Cake at 350 degrees F in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. I always make sure to spray my baking pan with nonstick cooking spray – this way you’ll be able to extract the cake easily when it’s done.
When mixing my dry ingredients, I prefer to use a whisk to remove any lumps. I always make this Coke Cake recipe with one can of regular Coca-Cola. In a small saucepan, I pour my can of Coca-Cola and add cocoa powder and butter and bring to a boil. This is then added to the flour mixture.
Finally combine your wet ingredients and then slowly into the flour mixture.
Pour the batter into a greased baking pan and place it in the oven for 25-30 minutes. A good way to check if it’s ready is to insert a toothpick into the middle – if it comes out clean, you’ve got yourself a baked cake.
Personally, I feel that the best part of my Coke Cake is the glaze. You can’t have a good cake without a great glaze.
For your glaze, you’re going to need another can of Coca-Cola – regular, again. Pour this into a saucepan and simmer until the soda has been reduced to just ½ a cup. Add butter and cocoa and once melted, remove your saucepan from the heat and stir in confectioners’ sugar. Voila – you have a glaze!
I always make sure to pour the glaze immediately over my hot cake once it’s out of the oven. Watch out – you’ll have sticky fingers all over the house.
Coke Cake is such a unique and delicious cake! The perfect treat to bring to your next potluck or BBQ!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 X 13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir the first 4 ingredients together.
- Add the Coca Cola, cocoa, and butter to a saucepan and bring just to a boil. Pour into flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla together then add into flour mixture.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze the last 15 minutes the cake is baking. In a pan, bring the soda to a boil; cook 12-15 minutes or until soda has been reduce to 1/2 a cup. Add the butter, and cocoa and cook until the butter has melted. Remove from heat, add vanilla and Confectioners' Sugar and mix until smooth. Pour immediately over hot cake.
- Pour the Coca Cola into a saucepan and simmer until the soda has been reduced to just ½ a cup.
- Add butter and cocoa. Once the butter has melted, remove your saucepan from the heat and stir in vanilla and sifted confectioners’ sugar.
- Pour the glaze immediately over the hot cake once it’s out of the oven.
More Recipes You’ll Love