Chips and Dip Au Gratin recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
I have to start this by saying, I know you’re probably wondering why on earth anyone would even think to throw some potato chips and dip into a dish and add cheese….you’re not are you? Because what is better than chips, dip, cheese, cream, and butter? Now, I won’t even pretend this is good for your waist, please don’t even ask me for the nutritional information on this, don’t you think ignorance is bliss? I couldn’t even enjoy this if I knew how long it was going to stay on my hips afterwards….that being said, this recipe is AMAZING!! Seriously!! It’s the BEST potatoes au gratin I have ever eaten!!
Now….down to business!!
- 1 bag of regular potato chips (I suggest you spring for the family sized bag so you can eat a few while you work, you know, just for quality assurance)
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of refrigerated french onion dip – found in the fridge section of the store near the sour cream(trust me on this…it’s delish!)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup of monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together cream, sour cream, french onion dip, and the melted butter.
- Once mixed, slowly stir in potato chips. Now, it doesn’t matter if you break them a bit, it’s going to happen, just be gentle
- Take half of potato chip mixture and place into a greased 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. If you don’t have one, or are just in the mood for a new one, check out this set of baking dishes, they’re gorgeous!!
- After putting your first layer of potato chip mixture into the dish, top with 1 cup of shredded monterey jack cheese
- Top with remaining potato chip mixture
- Top all that fatty goodness with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until browned and slightly bubbly