Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
I have to start this by saying, I know you’re probably wondering why on earth anyone would even think to throw some potato chips and dip into a dish and add cheese….you’re not are you? Because what is better than chips, dip, cheese, cream, and butter? Now, I won’t even pretend this is good for your waist, please don’t even ask me for the nutritional information on this, don’t you think ignorance is bliss? I couldn’t even enjoy this if I knew how long it was going to stay on my hips afterwards….that being said, this recipe is AMAZING!! Seriously!! It’s the BEST potatoes au gratin I have ever eaten!!
Now….down to business!!
Chips and Dip Au Gratin recipe
- 1 bag regular potato chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup refrigerated french onion dip found in the fridge section of the store near the sour cream
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup medium cheddar cheese shredded
- Grease an 8×8 inch or 9×9 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Blend cream, sour cream, french onion dip, and melted butter together in a large bowl.
- Gently stir in potato chips. Pour half of potato chip mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese over top of chip mixture, then pour remaining chip mixture over top. Finish by topping with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350˚ for about 35 minutes or until browned and slightly bubbly.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.