Our Favorite Christmas Cookies (round up)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
There’s nothing quite like the smell of Christmas cookies in the oven on a cold winter day. It’s the perfect way to really get into the holiday spirit.
Holiday baking has been one of my favorite Christmas traditions ever since I was little! From traditional Christmas cookies to unique ones, there will definitely be something for everyone on this list!
Not only do I love to eat the holiday cookies, I also love the feeling I get when I give tasty, homemade treats to my loved ones. I hope this list helps to inspire your baking this time of year.
These cookie recipes are great to make with kids for Santa!
These easy and delicious Christmas cookies would be absolutely perfect for a cookie exchange which is the perfect excuse to get together with friends and share some holiday spirit (or spirits if you like)!!
If you have never hosted one before, learn How to Host a Cookie exchange (with free printables)!
Traditional Christmas Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms – A soft dark chocolate cookie base and peppermint kiss make these Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms absolutely stunning.
- Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Molasses Cookies – These Christmas cookies are thick, soft, chewy and bursting with ginger, cloves, cinnamon and molasses flavors… all the flavors of Christmas time.
- Grandma’s Shortbread Cookies – Shortbread cookies are classic buttery cookies that are made using a cookie press. These easy cookies make perfect holiday bites.
- Perfect Cut Sugar Cookies – These Perfect Cut Sugar Cookies are soft, hold their shape, and are perfect to leave out for Santa!
- Gingerbread Cookies – You can’t miss the chance to make these gingerbread cookies this holiday season. The smell of these cookies baking is sure to put everyone in the Christmas spirit!
- Stained Glass Cookies – These delicious cookies have a beautiful a candy center that have the appearance of a stained glass window!
- Candy Cane Cookies – Classic peppermint-flavored Candy Cane Cookies are a Christmas staple around here! A simple peppermint flavored sugar cookie dough is made in two colors and twisted into a pretty candy cane shape.
- Cherry Thumbprint Cookies – With a cherry filling and soft exterior, these cherry thumbprint cookies will definitely be a hit at your next Christmas Party!
- German Chocolate Cake Cookies – These cookies have a delicious chewy chocolate cookie with a delicious caramel pecan frosting.
- Whoville Cookies – This is a great take on a yummy sugar cookie! You can change up the colors to match any theme you have. Perfect for Christmas time
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars – Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars are a simple and tasty spin on the classic sugar cookie!
- No Roll Sugar Cookies Recipe – These easy no roll Sugar Cookies are made by simply mixing the ingredients together and baking! No chilling or rolling required.
- Nanaimo Bars – These nanaimo bars are a delicious, rich, and creamy classic treat!
- Peppermint Bark Cookies – These cookies are a delicious double chocolate topped with white chocolate and crushed candy canes.
- Chocolate Dipped Almond Horns – If you love almond paste then you will find these cookies to be amazing! You won’t be able to just eat one of them!
- Pecan Christmas Crack (Ritz Cracker Toffee) – Pecan Christmas Crack has all of the deliciousness of toffee, topped with chocolate and pecans. Once you make this toffee bark, you won’t be able to stop snacking!
- Reindeer Cookies – These reindeer cookies take a well-loved cookie recipe and add sweet little touches to it to make them extra special.
Fudge, Bars, Frosting
- Polar Bear Paws (See’s Candy Copycat) – These are great for the Christmas Season! Creamy caramel and peanuts dipped in white chocolate. So good!
- Peppermint Bark Fudge – An easy, few-ingredient, no-bake fudge that can be made with condensed milk and without a candy thermometer!
- Best Tasting Sugar Cookie Icing – This icing is the perfect addition to any cookie, and is so easy to make!
- Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars – These Nanaimo bars combine chocolate and mint for an awesome twist on a classic! This is my new favorite way to enjoy them!
- Royal Icing (Recipe) Snowflake Cookies – This royal icing is sure to be the perfect addition to your next batch of cookies! Add food coloring or pearl dust to give your cookies a beautiful flair!
- Easy Gingerbread Fudge – A seasonal gingerbread fudge that takes just minutes to make. It makes a great, edible Christmas gift!