Cherry Thumbprint Cookies recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
These Cherry Thumbprint Cookies are a great holiday cookie!! Aren’t they so pretty?! Be sure to pin this recipe to your cookies Pinterest board so you don’t lose it!!
Buttery shortbread with a delicious cherry filling.
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cup Flour
- Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Mix in flour (dough will look crumbly).
- Roll dough into round balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Make thumbprints in each dough ball and fill with your a cherry from the pie filling.
- Bake for 15 mins until edges start to get lightly brown and cookie sets up.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 15 minuutes.
- Mix powdered sugar with milk to make a thick glaze.
- Place in corner of zipper bag and clip corner to pipe.
- Pipe perpendicular lines accross cookie to decorate.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)