Sausage and Peppers Pasta
Servings: 4 people
This sausage peppers and onion pasta is a hearty one pot meal that's super easy to make!
- 8 oz pasta bow tie, rotini, penne, or your favorite
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 pound Italian Sausage mild, medium or hot
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeds removed and chopped
- 14.5 oz crushed tomatoes undrained, about 1 ⅓ cup
- 6 oz tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese for garnish
- fresh basil chopped, garnish
Salt water and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil and cook sausage, 2-3 minutes. Add onion and red bell peppers meat is completely cooked. Add crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil.
Turn to low heat, stir in seasonings and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
Add pasta. Simmer uncovered for another 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Top with parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Calories: 758kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 1731mg | Potassium: 1275mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1875IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 5mg