Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Servings: 6 slices
Chicken Pot Pie combines veggies and chicken in a creamy sauce all baked inside a flaky pie crust!
- 1 large baking potato diced, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 onion diced
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetables defrosted
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts uncooked
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Add potato, to a small saucepan, fill with water and boil until tender.
Cook onion in butter until tender. Add seasonings and flour. Cook 2-3 minutes.
Add broth and milk and cook until thick and bubbly. Stir in chicken, frozen vegetables, and potatoes.
Unroll the first pie crust and line a deep dish pie plate. Fill with chicken pot pie filling and top with second crust.
Seal the edges and cut slits to allow steam to escape. Bake 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly and crust is golden.
Rest 15 minutes before serving.
- Use fresh or frozen veggies of your choice. Try adding broccoli, asparagus or green beans for a different flavor.
- You can use a premade crust (any brand will do) or make your own.
- Letting the chicken pot pie rest before serving allows the filling to set and for the pie to stay intact when slicing and serving.
Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 502mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2675IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2.6mg