This Salsa Chicken Bake is a mouthwatering and easy dinner recipe loaded with flavor.
This easy recipe needs just a few ingredients!
Salsa Chicken Bake
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This Salsa Chicken Bake is the perfect no-fuss, easy, and downright delicious weeknight meal!
The best part: 4 ingredients. FOUR! And it’s crazy tasty for just 4 ingredients!
If you want sour cream and cilantro, that makes it 6, but that’s entirely up to you, although I highly recommend it!
This is one of my favorite dishes to add to our monthly meal plan rotation along with my Alfredo Recipe, it’s loaded with flavor and you don’t have to be a chef or even a good home cook to make it! It’s seriously THAT easy!
What Ingredients are in Salsa Chicken Bake?
This easy recipe starts with Chicken Breasts, one of our favorite proteins!
Taco Seasoning is used as a rub to add great flavor and it is then placed in a dish and topped with your favorite kind of salsa! Any type will work including a typical tomato salsa (hot or mild) or even a homemade salsa.
Finally, like many great casseroles, this recipe is topped with Cheddar Cheese (but you can certainly use your favorite, Monterey Jack would be great too).
How To Make Salsa Chicken Bake
One great thing about this recipe is that it’s SO incredibly easy to make! Simply season the chicken with taco seasoning.
Top with salsa and voila, bake until tender! Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and broil until melted.
Remove from oven and top your favorite toppings, such as cilantro, sour cream and jalapenos! Spanish rice is a great side dish to go with this recipe!
Your house will smell amazing before you even pull the dish out of the oven, and that melty cheese and fragrant spices will leave your mouth watering.
I like to serve it with Spanish rice and a side of sour cream. You can garnish with cilantro for extra flavor if desired!
Salsa Chicken Bake
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 16 ounces salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream optional
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9x9-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Rub each of the chicken breasts with taco seasoning and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken, making sure to cover each piece.
- Bake for 33 to 37 minutes, or until the chicken's internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top of each piece of chicken, place back in the oven and broil on low for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro and serve with sour cream. Pairs well with Spanish rice.