Marinated Mushrooms make a delicious and easy appetizer or side your family and friends are going to love. Every bite is full of robust flavors that will keep them coming back for more.
Appetizers are one of my favorite things to make because they are little bursts of flavor that make the best finger food. These crab filled crescent rolls, garlic butter roasted mushrooms and crockpot honey garlic smokies are just a few amazing appetizers that will make for an irresistible spread.
Pin it your APPETIZER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Marinated mushrooms are one of our family’s favorite appetizers which don’t last long once they are served. A bonus is that they are so easy to make! Add them to a meat and cheese platter for your next party or serve them by themselves, either way, everyone will love them!
What Ingredients Do I Need
Only a handful of ingredients go into this marinated mushroom recipe. But the combination is so delicious!
- VEGETABLES: canned mushrooms and onions.
- OIL & VINEGAR: red wine vinegar and avocado oil (or salad oil of choice)
- SEASONINGS: garlic salt, dried parsley, mustard, and brown sugar
How To Marinate Mushrooms
Taking the time to marinate mushrooms is so simple yet so delicious!
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cook, then let cool.
- Place in a sealed container and marinate for about 2 hours.
Serve with cocktail forks.
How Long to Marinate Mushrooms: Marinate these mushrooms for a minimum of 2 hours and up to 24 hours in a sealed, airtight container for the best results!
Are Canned Mushrooms Healthy?
Yes, but they can be high in sodium.
They are a good substitute for fresh mushrooms and you do not need to cook them so they are definitely handy to keep in your pantry.
What To Serve With Them
Although they are amazing on their own, you could also serve them as a side dish with steak or pork chops.
Consider mixing them with an antipasto dish or an Italian pasta salad, they also make a great addition to a meat and cheese platter.
How To Store Marinated Mushrooms
You can keep these mushrooms in your refrigerator for up to a week if stored in an airtight container, but do not freeze them.
Easy to make, and perfect to make ahead, you won’t go wrong with keeping some marinated mushrooms in your refrigerator ready for when guests pop over.
Appetizers That Will Delight
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms – so delicious!
Fried Tortellini – a fun twist on tortellini
Bacon Cream Cheese Biscuits – creamy and so good!
Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots – bacon and potato goodness!
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites – easy to make
Easy Marinated Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or favorite salad oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 24 ounces canned whole mushrooms drained
- Bring all ingredients except mushrooms to a boil. Add mushrooms and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Transfer mushrooms to a sealable container or zippered bag. Marinate for 2 hours (minimum) stirring occasionally.
- Remove larger onion rings and serve with toothpicks or cocktail forks.