Whenever we make turkey dinner, we make sure to cook plenty so that there are leftovers. Easy and delicious sides like green bean casserole and bacon wrapped brussels sprouts round out this classic dinner and are perfect for leftovers too.
I am so excited to partner with Bob Evans to create this fall favorite recipe!
Leftover Turkey Casserole
Pin it to your CASSEROLES BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
At the end of dinner, I always seem to have a little extra turkey, stuffing and gravy. I love these leftovers because I turn them into a delicious casserole, something easy to prep! But more times than not, the mashed potatoes are gone.
In the absence of leftover potatoes, I reach for Bob Evans Garlic Mashed Potatoes! Not only are these mashed potatoes extra creamy and full of garlicky goodness, they save me some serious time in the kitchen!
How To Make Turkey Casserole With Leftovers
- Start by sautéing the onions in butter and poultry seasoning. Make sure you don’t brown the butter and onions, just cook them until they are translucent.
- Add the shredded leftover turkey, green beans, corn, and gravy in a casserole dish. Pour this mixture over the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Spread Bob Evans Garlic Mashed Potatoes over the turkey mixture, then follow with prepared stuffing.
- Drizzle melted butter over the entire turkey stuffing casserole and bake for 30 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with additional gravy and cranberry sauce.
I love making this turkey stuffing casserole as single servings! Use french onion soup dishes or similar oven safe dishes, and layer the ingredients as the recipe calls for in a normal casserole.
Personal servings are great if you are trying to keep your portion sizes in check, and kids love them too! Just make sure you adjust the bake time accordingly, because the smaller dishes will cook faster.
Can You Freeze Turkey Casserole?
This is a perfect freezer meal! Prepare the casserole as directed and cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil. This casserole can remain in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Allow the casserole to thaw completely in the fridge, then bake uncovered at 350˚F for about 30 minutes or until heated through. If it remains a little bit frozen, it may take longer to heat completely so use a meat thermometer to be certain. Once an inner temperature hits 160˚F, your casserole will be ready.
Can You Reheat Leftover Turkey Casserole?
If you are lucky enough to have any of this casserole left, you can definitely keep it for another meal! Cool it completely, cover tightly and store in your refrigerator for 2-3 days.
To reheat you can either:
- Warm in a 325˚F oven covered with foil for 15 minutes, then remove foil for another 10 minutes.
- Heat individual portions in the microwave for 1-2 minutes depending on the wattage of your oven.
Season with salt and pepper and serve with prepared gravy – you will never know it has been reheated!
What Can I Serve With Turkey Casserole?
Recipes That Call For Mashed Potatoes
- Loaded Mashed Potato Balls – with bacon and cheese!
- Fried Mashed Potato Balls – so easy!
- Mashed Potato Casserole – like a loaded potato!
- Loaded Mashed Potato Cups – fun to make.
- Mashed Potato Pancakes – a classic recipe!
Leftover Turkey Casserole
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups leftover shredded turkey or chicken
- 1 cup frozen green beans defrosted
- 2 cup frozen corn defrosted
- 1 ½ cups leftover turkey gravy or 1 jar turkey gravy
- 1 package Bob Evans Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 ½ cups leftover stuffing or one package stuffing mix prepared
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook celery, onion and poultry seasoning in butter over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes (do not brown).
- Combine onion mixture, shredded turkey, green beans, corn, and gravy in a 2.5 qt casserole dish.
- Spread mashed potatoes over top of turkey mixture. Top with prepared stuffing.
- Drizzle with melted butter and bake bake uncovered 30 minutes or until lightly browned.