Bake and take these yummy Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms anywhere and for any occasion! As the weather starts to cool off and the games are on, these cream cheese filled spicy little bites are the perfect snack for game day!
With just a few basic ingredients and about 15 minutes in the oven, these creamy little gems are ready to go in no time at all! Game on!
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms
Pin it your APPETIZER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
How To Prep Mushrooms To Be Stuffed
Mushrooms have a lot of water in them, so if you don’t have to wash or rinse them, then don’t. It’s better to gently wipe off any dirt with a paper towel or a small vegetable brush after removing the stem.
You can also dry sauté them in a hot skillet, which will eliminate some of the internal water, and make them hold up better when they are stuffed. Just toss them around in a hot sauté pan until they turn a little golden brown.
How Long To Bake Them
- Before assembling and baking Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms, make sure the bacon is crispy and the fat is drained off.
- Select uniformly sized mushroom caps and fill each one with the same amount of filling so they bake uniformly.
- Once assembled in a casserole dish, bake them about 15 minutes at 350˚F or until the tops are bubbly and hot.
- Cover with aluminum foil and take to a party or a potluck!
Be sure not to over bake jalapeno stuffed mushrooms since the cream cheese mixture will become too soft and overflow over the outside of the mushrooms, resulting in a messy snack that is not fun to eat!
Can You Make These Stuffed Mushrooms in Advance?
You sure can!
- Assemble and stuff the mushrooms, cover and refrigerate. Bake when you are ready.
- You can bake them in advance, allow to cool completely, cover and refrigerate until ready. They will last 1-2 days in the refrigerator. To reheat, pop them back in the oven for about 10 minutes or until just warmed. You can also gently warm them in the microwave for a few seconds.
What To Do With Leftover Stuffed Mushrooms
Since these reheat so well, they are easily refreshed with a little dash of salt and pepper or some extra bacon bits on the top. Even a splash of Tabasco or ?
More Delicious Jalapeno Appetizers To Try!
Jalapeno Popper Dip – deliciously creamy and spicy.
Jalapeno & Bacon Cheese Ball – so easy to make!
3-Cheese Jalapeno Popper Potato Skins – the perfect appetizer!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers – great game day recipe.
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread – zesty and filling.
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 ounces mushrooms cleaned and dried
- 4 ounces jalapenos diced (include seeds if you like it really spicy, well-drained) OR 4-6 fresh jalapenos, roasted and diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- In a mixer or by hand, combine cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and diced jalapenos (start with just 1 or 2 ounces and add based on your taste), mix well.
- Setting some bacon crumbles aside for topping, add in the rest of the bacon crumbles and stir just until blended.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and fill each mushroom with popper filling.
- Top with bacon crumbles.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, or until hot.
- Do not overcook.