Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
My kids like to call this Italian Crescent Casserole their “crescent lasagna”. It has almost the same ingredients I put into my lasagna, except no noodles. This is super easy to throw together and the best part is, you probably have all these ingredients on hand! It’s not very time consuming to put together and a definite change from the usual spaghetti or lasagna. Give this a try! The best part is, if you don’t care for one or all of the cheeses, mix and match them to your liking! 🙂
Easy Italian Casserole
- 1 package Crescent Rolls
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Drain well.
- Stir in pasta sauce and simmer 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Open the crescent rolls and separate the triangles. Place them in a 9" pie plate with the pointed tips facing outward. Using your fingers, press the seams and the open spots of the crescents to create a crust.
- Fill the crust with the beef mixture. Add half the cheese. Fold over the tips of the crescent rolls and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before cutting.
Inspired by Pillsbury