Here’s a recipe for a Chili Cheese Dog Bake that’s quick, easy and satisfying. Ever have one of those little hot dogs wrapped in biscuit dough that everyone secretly loves? Well, how about a hot dog casserole made with biscuit dough that tastes just like it?
Chili Cheese Dog Casserole is sure to make the kids happy, it’s great for game night, movie night or a quick tasty meal on a weeknight when you don’t have a lot of time to cook. Comfort food casseroles like cream corn casserole or cowboy casserole are always quick and fun to make, and they end up being favorites.
Chili Cheese Dog Bake
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What Is In A Chili Cheese Dog Bake?
Tasty and budget-friendly ingredients include:
- Biscuit Dough for a flaky buttery flavor mixed right in! (The biscuits puff up right in the sauce, so have no fear!)
- Chili…make your own chili or use your favorite chili in a can!
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot Dogs! Sometimes you just have to have a hot dog, know what I mean?
How To Make Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
It couldn’t be easier to pull this casserole recipe together. In just a few simple steps a hearty supper will be bubbling away happily in your oven.
- Cut up the hot dogs and the biscuit dough into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix with the chili and half the shredded cheddar
- Bake covered for half the cooking time, uncovered for the last half.
Top with the remainder of the cheddar, serve and enjoy!
What To Serve With Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
This is one of those meals that taste great with easy sides like slices of watermelon or refrigerator pickles. Onion rings are also great alongside this dish. Or you could throw together an easy Greek salad or caesar salad to go with it.
Serve a no-bake chocolate cheesecake for dessert, and I can guarantee that nobody will be leaving the table hungry tonight!
What About The Leftovers?
According to FDA guidelines, meat dishes like stew, soups, and casseroles can keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days, and in the freezer for 1 to 2 months. Just use an airtight container and leave room for expansion. Or, store it in snap lock single portion containers for an easy lunch to grab on your way out the door in the morning.
To reheat the hot dog casserole, use the microwave for single portions, or try sprinkling a little extra cheese on top and reheat in the oven at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until casserole is steaming hot and cheese is bubbly. Serve it with a dollop of sour cream on the side, or inside a burrito for a delicious snack!
Chili Cheese Dog Bake is an easy and satisfying supper the kids will love!
Easy & Delicious Casserole Dishes
Leftover Turkey Casserole – perfect use for leftovers
Cowboy Casserole – great to make ahead!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – easy and delicious dish
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole – ready in under an hour!
Cheeseburger Casserole – hot cheesy pasta meal
Chili Cheese Dog Bake
- 8 hot dogs
- 2 cans chili 14 ounces each
- 1 can biscuit dough
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9x13 baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Cut each hot dog into 6 pieces, cut each biscuit into 4 pieces, and mix with chili and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes. Uncover, top with 1/2 cup of cheese and bake an additional 20 mins.