Are you having a crazy busy week? Do you need a homemade hearty meal that is quick and easy, ready when you are? Crock Pot Italian Beef to the rescue! This recipe is so mouth watering and full of flavor that you will choose to make this over and over!
Crock Pot Italian Beef
PIN this recipe to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest!
I love to use a low budget cut of roast for this Crock Pot Italian Beef recipe for 4 reasons;
- I love saving money!
- Inexpensive cuts of beef come out tender and delicious in this recipe.
- It’s quick and easy to prepare.
- Everyone loves it!
This homemade recipe is inspired from the classic Chicago Italian Beef Sandwich. The butter provides the foundation for keeping this dish moist. The beef is enhanced by the Italian dressing seasoning, the brown gravy mix and the pepperoncini peppers. This, combined with the onion and garlic, and you have a combination that will bring even the most avid Chicago Sandwich connoisseur to their knees!
I love recipes that you can alter and still have fantastic results, and this recipe is no exception! Here are a few simple substitutions that will allow you to produce an Italian Beef Sandwich using similar ingredients and having total success!
- While this recipe calls for pepperoncini peppers, a good substitute is banana peppers. They have similar flavour and pack the same amount of heat. They even look the same, so don’t sweat it if you need to make this change!
- The Italian dressing seasoning mix is so handy to have on hand, but if you don’t have it in packet form, you can also use the bulk variety. Substitute 2 Tablespoons bulk Italian seasoning for each packet.
- Provolone cheese is awesome on this sandwich, however I also love a combination of mozzarella and parmesan, or you can use mozzarella entirely on its own. Some folks like a mild flavored cheese while others prefer something with a bit more zing, so listen to your taste buds and you won’t go wrong!
While hoagie buns make this look so awesome on your plate, any soft bun will do. I love any bun as long as it is not too soft, you don’t want it to break apart when you dip this delicious sandwich in the leftover juices!
While it’s totally optional, I often thicken the gravy with a little bit of cornstarch and stir the meat in for delicious results!
If your family loves this Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwich recipe and would like to sample another outstanding sandwich, you have to give the Chick-Fil-A sandwich a try! Or try Baked Sloppy Joe Tacos instead of the traditional Sloppy Joe Sandwich. It is a fun modification to an old family favorite!
- 3-4 lbs beef roast
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 packets of italian dressing seasoning
- 1 packet of brown gravy mix
- 1 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1/2 cup juice from the peppers
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 medium onion sliced
- provolone cheese slices
- hoagie buns
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch optional
Place roast in crockpot. Pour beef broth and juice from peppers on top of the roast.
Add remaining ingredients except hoagie buns, cheese and cornstarch.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Shred beef and return to the juices. (If desired, combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water. Mix well and stir into juices. Turn onto high for 15-20 minutes to thicken).
Add beef to buns and top with a slice of provolone. Broil until melted.
Tender, moist, delicious beef smothered in cheese and served on a soft bun…sounds a little like heaven! This Crock Pot Italian Beef recipe is exactly what you need in your daily recipe box. Quick, easy and delicious, your family with definitely thank you for it!