Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
This Beer Macaroni & Cheese recipe is super delicious!! I was hesitant to make it at first becuase I’m not very fond of the taste of beer but this was amazing! The bacon really add a little burst of flavor and really completes it!! My hubby and I devoured this as fast as we could! This would make a perfect SuperBowl dish!!
Be sure to pin this to your SuperBowl recipes board so you have it when you are ready to make it!
- 16 oz macaroni noodles (or any type of noodles you prefer, I like rotini)
- 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled (reserve some of the bacon grease for the recipe)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp bacon grease
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 12 oz of beer (I used Sam Adams lager)
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta to al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add bacon grease and butter in a saucepan, on medium heat.
- When butter is melted, add the onion and cook until transparent (3-5 minutes).
- Add the flour to the butter/onion mixture and stir until it becomes paste-like and a light golden brown.
- Whisk in the mustard and beer, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add in milk and stir constantly.
- Simmer over medium heat until the mixture is smooth and thick (5-10 minutes).
- Mix in the cheddar and parmesan cheese and stir until completey blended.
- Add bacon bits and pasta.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This makes 10-12 servings.