DIY: Color your Easter eggs with whipped cream!
- 1 large can or large tub of extra-creamy whipped cream or whipped topping
- Liquid food coloring
- Desired amount of eggs to dye
- Spray or spread the whipped cream or whipped topping in a large baking dish or baking pan with sides.
- Drip food coloring liberally over the whipped cream, keeping a space of about 1 inch between drops.
- Use a spoon to swirl the colors around the whipped cream. Don't mix it up too much, you want dramatic swirls of color!
- Roll your eggs in the colored cream, using the end of the spoon to nudge them. One complete roll is best, that way the colors don't get muddy.
- Let your eggs sit for at least 10 minutes, letting the food coloring do its magic. The longer you let them sit, the brighter your dyed eggs will be. Half an hour would probably be the longest they should sit for food safety!
- Gently wipe your eggs clean with a paper or cloth towel or rinse them quickly under cool water.
- Paper towel or toilet paper rolls cut into 1 inch rounds work perfectly as holders for your beautiful eggs after they've been dyed, during proud photo ops, and before they get eaten or put away! :)